Tuesday, July 3, 2012

E&G Hardback is hatched!







Hello everyone!

I will be making several expansions into the field of literature soon from the land of public domain stories written before 1923.

I've been waiting on several things in order to get ready for this, including some copyright information. several authors works I will only be able to release part of their series, some... the whole thing.

And it will be awesome.

The game Expansion: "E&G Hardback" will exist inside of a combined number of works that are under no USA copyright licence. The game will be played much the same as empires and generals family edition and the like but of course, will stay true to the novels and works as written by the authors themselves.

Ever find yourself watching an adaptation of one of the classics only to get frustrated with the artistic liberties that the innovators have created? Well, I do. I enjoy many a book, but when I want to go exploring with Tarzan or Long John Silver, I don't want anyone to retell the story for me. I would like it the original way that it was written.

So, with a little bit of demand, I will go ahead and start creating these.

After combing literature for the greatest classics that I could find, I've discovered perhaps eight sections where I can classify the works.

I've tried not to go back too far (with the exception of Demons and Nightmares / Gods and Mountains Expansions) because I wanted to get as close to science and a knowledge of the world as I could without crossing that terrible 1923 USA copyright infringement rule.

So, there are two divisions -

"Unknown Adventure" and "Fantastic Universe" with four theme-expansions each.


This is not an exact total. There will be some juggling.

The Two divisions will be made to play with each other inside their own division. For example: If you wanted the Pirates of Treasure Island to go up against a combined Frankenstein Dracula Deck, you sure could. Just make sure you bring enough bullets!

No comments:

Post a Comment